Let us help you prepare for your stay at the
beautiful Coral Reef on North Captiva.
We suggest to all our guests that a great way to save money is to order your groceries ahead of time. There is a small grocery store on North Captiva Island, however it is quite expensive. Both the Publix Market and Winn Dixie, which are on the mainland, will pre-pack your grocery order. Simply fax your list to them 48 hours in advance and when you arrive at the store your groceries will be ready to go. They will pack frozen items in coolers on ice. Pine Island Taxi will allow you approximately 15 minutes to pick up additional items.
Click here to download the Publix Order Form
Sandie’s Grocery Service
To make life a little easier pre-order your groceries with Sandie, or if you forget something you can’t get at the islands convenience stores, Sandy can shop for you, phone 239-340-5398. With 3 day notice she will deliver groceries to the Coral Reef prior to your arrival! There is a 40% surcharge for this service but it can be well worth it! Here is Sandie’s Order Form for your convenience.
Wine and beer can be purchased at the grocery store. They do sell beer and wine on the island as well, however it is very expensive there. Friendly Frankies is the liquor store next to Publix. Their number is 239-283-6185.
Things To Do
Shopping–Lunch– Spa – Shelling! (Not necessarily in that order)
North Captiva is one of a series of barrier islands located along the southwest coast of Florida. Each island has its own character and interests. It is just a couple-mile adventure by boat to visit neighboring islands.
- Take a cruise down to Captiva and Sanibel Islands. Schedule time at a spa! Rent a car and shop the islands till you drop! Catch lunch and dinner at one of the many great restaurants on the island. Afterwards board your private boat at the end of the day cruise back up to North Captiva to relax in luxury at The Coral Reef your beach house away from it all. Truly the best of both worlds!
- Try lunch at Cabbage Key a charming island of Jimmy Buffet fame! Nothing like a cheese burger in paradise! They also serve other wonderful sea fare.
- Boca Grande is another island just to our north. A favorite vacation spot for our president’s family. Boca Grande has great shopping and inviting restaurants. Definitely a day well spent exploring this island!
- If you are interested in a day on a practically deserted tropical island check out Cayo Costa the island immediately to the north of North Captiva. Spend a day on a beach with no other people! Bring lunch. There are no restaurants on this island but lots of shells and relaxation!
- To reserve your private excursion to any of the above islands contact one of the following providers and see what is available.
Island Girl 239-246-3483
Captain Dennis and Captain Gretchen Reilly 239 707-9701
Captain Dennis Byron 239-246-3483
Jensen's Marina 239-472-5800
Sbarra Spa (Spa located on Captiva) 800-908-1940 or 239-472-5337
Learn to Sail or just take a Cruise!
Captain Gretchen Reilly is offering lessons or just pleasure cruising the Gulf aboard her sail boat. This is my favorite way to travel! Give Gretchen a call if this is of interest at 239- 707-9701
Southwest Florida coast is one of the most productive fishing areas in the US. You can fish the back bay for Snook, Redfish, Snapper, Sheepshead and more or go out into the gulf and fish for grouper , shark and what ever else populates the oceans of the world!
Fish the surf, off a dock or from a kayak. Take a private fishing charter with an expert fishing guide ½ day or full days available.
Also boat rentals are available on island. Go and find your own fishing holes! Tackle rental available on island. Suggest bringing your favorite lures.
BOAT & RENTAL TACKLE RENTAL
Alberto Barbero Dockside 239-472-3230 | Mobile 239-573-2074
SNORKELING & SCUBA DIVING
Dennis Byron 239-246-3483
RENT A WAVE RUNNER EXCURSION
Alberto Barbera 239-472-3230
Take a walk in the Park! (no need to leave the island)
North Captiva is approximately 50% State nature preserve! The south ½ of the island is protected and preserved. The Coral Reef is located just across the road from the preserve with a great vista over the tops of the palms! A wonderful hiking trail weaves its way through the preserve or you can hike the mile plus long beach and rarely set eyes on another soul! Just you, the sand, shells and the sea! Shelling at its best! Often times sand dollars populate the beach along with hundreds of different types of shells. Please do not take the live shells but help yourself to a few of the empty shells that catch your eye. Low tide especially in the morning is the best shelling or after a big storm! Everyday the beach offers new and wondrous treasures.
Explore the island aboard your golf cart or on one of our bicycles. Check out the sand track roads with the occasional houses along them. Stop and watch an island-resident Tortoise cross the road. Do lunch at one of the 3 restaurants on island.
For those who feel a vacation is not complete without a round of golf, Alden Pines Country Club is just a boat ride away – Hop on a scheduled Island Girl Water Taxi back to the Mainland and the course is just a short walk or The Pines will meet you on arival and take you to their course. Just call 239-283-2179 for tee time.
A Day At The Beach
Just spend a day at the beach. The beaches of North Captiva are some of the best in the world. A truly wonderful place to spend a day relaxing in the sun, listening to the surf, reading a book or discussing the road to world peace! Cap the day off watching the sun set over the gulf. It just doesn’t get any better than this!
Hang Out At “The Club”
The Coral Reef rental comes with a guest membership to the North Captiva Island Club.The club facilities are yours to enjoy.
- Do some laps in the Olympic size pools or just melt your tense and sore muscles in the steam room and whirlpool.
- A sense of adventure overwhelms you take to the water in one of the clubs kayaks. Explore the back bay. Paddle over to a neighboring
island. Kayaking is a great way to experience our natural wonderland.
- Relax in one of the many lounge chairs around the pool.
- Try a set or two of tennis. Rackets and balls available at the office.
- There is a ½ court for a pick up game of basketball.
- The kids will meet the neighbor kids and have a ball.
- For lunch try Mango’s right in the club. Order from the pool bar or in the store and sit out over looking the marina while you enjoy your meal.
- If you hang out ’til dinner time try the Over the Water Front Restaurant. Great dining in a relaxed atmosphere!
A day at the club is a great way to relax, meet the neighbors and enjoy yourself in the relaxed atmosphere of the club.
X-Box 360 w/connect
The Coral Reef now has X-Box 360 with Connect and a number of assorted games for those times when nothing else will do! A great way to spend an evening of keep the kids occupied. We supply 6 game disks. Feel free to bring your favorites with you.